Coin Days Destroyed used as part of priority - exploring the utility as a basis for further decisions

Fwiw I liked coindays back in the day would be nice if people wanted it resurrected …

Edit: that being said maybe there are bigger fish to fry?

I also loved it.

I separate coins into “hold stash” and “usage stash”, so being able to move the “hold stash” once a year for free was pretty neat.

Also it is great for consolidating a lot of tiny amounts together. Just let them lie for few months and you can move them for cheap.

But <$0.01 is also cool enough, so I don’t need it right now.

It may be useful to point out that my ideal solution is a non-consensus one. Which is tech-talk for permissionless-innovation.

My ideal solution is an application used by miners that has its own mempool filled with selected transactions based on various criterea and the block is made from that mempool.
I can imagine a lot of rules being useful there, from downgrading (not mining for a day) transactions that just do NFTs or other not money related transfers and pay little to no fees.
While at the same time giving much higher priority (mining next block) for transactions that have a large number of inputs and low output count, while having sub-sat fees.

This can be done with zero changes to the protocols, as such this is permissionless. It does give the miners a lot of freedom to decide what kind of income they want from fees and it would help a lot when (not if!) we’re going to see a lot of garbage transactions which are trying to crowd out the honestly paying transactions that give the coin value.

If I was the CTO behind the company BCH, I would make this a project that would be ready to use in a year or 2 knowing that we will need it to keep the chain healthy and 1-confirmation for the main group of transactions that give our coin value.

Don’t miners already do this? Tx accelerators and the like

1 Like

Probably, it is in the nature of man to innovate in pricing and the related service, simple economic incentives.

Which is why I think it is inevitable that we’ll see something more complex that gives more control to the average miner and level the playing field (give small ones also the opportunity to optimize profits).

In the end, I would say it is important to keep that in mind when we think about our ecosystem and adjustments we are proposing.