The Flipstarter number of pledges limit has to go. Yesterday. (Title EDITed)

You do have a point, however I can’t really stop being a to-the-point person, being to the point got me where I am right now.

Without being straight to the point person, I would never even get interested in Bitcoin Cash.

I just say how it is and I don’t give a fuck. I think people like me are also needed in the society.

I believe that without people like me, every community and every society would inevitably down-spiral into circlejerking and/or head-patting.

1 Like

exactly! :+1:

it’s obvious to me that @ShadowOfHarbringer doesn’t understand how ANYONECANPAY works and is mistakingly thinking that it would exclude TOP donors, which is 100% false.

2 questions:

1. how many times has a Flipstarter campaign come even close to reaching 650 pledges?

2. how many potential Flipstarter pledgers have wanted to contribute to a campaign (even a nominal $1.00 amount) but couldn’t because the minimum pledge amount was too high for their budget?

my “practical” solution 100% solves the 2nd problem, just as long as the number of pledgers doesn’t reach 650. so it IS NOT for the mainstream (wouldn’t disrupt say GoFundMe), but would help serve the needs of the Bitcoin community quite well, which was entirely my goal.

@bitcoincashautist i greatly appreciate your kinds words. I’m very aware of the toxicity throughout the Bitcoin community. it no longer affects me, so no worries, I can’t be “scared off”, lmao. Bitcoin is my home and I’m here to stay.

and thanks so much for the chaintip :pray:t2: not sure if my reddit reply to you made it thru

Cheers!
Shomari

2 Likes

I think we already cleared the misunderstanding, don’t provoke him again pls :sweat_smile:

Shadow is certainly an outspoken individual but I wouldn’t go so far to call him toxic although I understand why you would feel like that.

Agreed, I hope we can make peace here :slight_smile:

1 Like

It is obvious to me you are incompetent and have no idea what you are talking about.

I do not come to this platform to fight people however, so I will just ignore your bullshit from now on.

I have better things to do than arguing with random noobs and kids from the internet.

1 Like

I feel some important things were unsaid here. Not much true that flip starter is unique. Eth had ICO s for years. Now we also have them with smart Bch making the main chain flip starter super low priority if not obsolete. Also shadow should get a warning for toxicity.

1 Like

You’re wrong, I am just to the point.

I tried to be nice in first 2 replies. Didn’t work, didn’t get to the guy.

It just doesn’t work on most people. People are (mostly) incapable of change, especially if not brought down with force.

The rules of today’s society are broken, and the protests in Canada show that. Unless some amount of force is used, people will just keep doing whatever the fuck they are doing.

This is just society works, being a nice guy doesn’t pay off and does nothing. No more “Mr. Nice Guy”.

“Pushing for emergency protocol changes isn’t a good angle IMO”. “That’s how splits happen”

Couldn’t agree more.

1 Like

It’s not that I disagree in general, pushing for anything remotely controversial can possibly cause a split.

Our enemies who destroyed BTC are not asleep, they will look for an occasion to provide them with an attack angle.

That said, however I do not believe that the proposition in the topic is even slightly controversial.

Everybody who matters (except obvious trolls perhaps) would agree that it is sorely needed and should arrive ASAP.

I never said that we need to break the protocol to pursue this after all. My wording is strong, because this is the kind of person I am. I like strong words, having a direction, doing things that matter. This is why I am into Bitcoin(Cash).

“Our enemies who destroyed BTC are not asleep, they will look for an occasion to provide them with an attack angle”.

I’m not worried about anyone except for people within the BCH community. They do the most harm and in my opinion a lot of that harm comes from excessive hard forks.

EDIT. Also, I hope I matter, because I don’t think it is needed ASAP. I would like no hardforks for a couple years (at least) , In order, to boost some confidence in the stability of BCH as a currency.

EDIT. I mean BTC is $40,000 and doesn’t have all the capabilities of BCH. Confidence in the network and adoption is also important. Not just features.

Well, then you know nothing about politics.

Whether you like it or not, Bitcoin Cash vs BTC coin is all about politics and the power structure of the world, so you can be absolutely sure there is at least some external interference each time there is an occasion to destroy or harm BCH.

Responding to EDIT:

You seem to be confusing hard fork with a split.

Hard-fork != Split

There will be a hard fork at least once per year. It’s the best way to upgrade network. You also (probably) cannot further strongly increase effective possible maximum blocksize without upgrades.

I really hope you did not really mean “no hard-forks” and just confusing terminology, because that is simply unwise.

No hard-forks = stagnation, no progress.

I could keep doing this, discussing with you.

But I do not come to this site to argue about irrelevant details, I have Reddit for that.

Can we maybe try to stay on topic?

Why would I waste my time sharing my opinion or even correcting you if the default response is I know nothing because you disagree. What do you expect.

Ignoring further offtopic ramblings.