We do not yet have a naming convention for improvement proposals for BCH. Thus far everything has been attached to a hard fork or is a BIP. It is easy to keep track of ideas and proposals right now because there are so few. Eventually this will become harder.
For organisational purposes, I am proposing that we adopt CasH Improvement Proposal (CHIP) as the convention of naming improvement proposals for BCH.
Current Proposal Details
- Naming convention
- The name should be 5 or less english words.
- Order within the scope of a month alphabetically by name
- Required license TBD, but the proposals need to be published with an appropriate license. Creative Commons or MIT should suffice. More discussion on this is needed
- Required Fields in Proposal
- Title (should match the name in the CHIP name)
- Date (should match the year and month in the CHIP name)
- Status (draft, approved, implemented)
- Motivation (technical and social)
- Optional fields
- Link to reference implementation