Cash Improvement Proposals (CHIPs and Proto CHIPs) List

Nr Layer Title * Owner Type Status **
? CHIP Guidelines Griffith Process Draft :white_large_square:
? Consensus PMv3: Version 3 Transaction Format Jason Dreyzehner Standards Withdrawn :purple_square:
? Consensus Restrict Transaction Version Tom Zander Standards Draft :white_large_square:
? Consensus Allow Transactions to be smaller in size Tom Zander Standards Draft :white_large_square:
? Consensus Sighash Constrafirstin Burak Keceli Standards Withdrawn :purple_square:
? Peer Services Unconfirmed Transaction Chain Limit Josh Green Standards Final :green_square:
? CHIPs: Processes for consensus changes imaginary_username Process Draft :white_large_square:
? Consensus Add Native Introspection Opcodes Jason Dreyzehner, Jonathan Silverblood Standards Draft :white_large_square:
? Consensus Unforgeable Groups for Bitcoin Cash bitcoincashautist Standards Draft :white_large_square:
? Consensus Bigger Script Integers Jason Dreyzehner, Rosco Kalis, Jonathan Silverblood Standards Draft :white_large_square:
? Peer Services Multiple OP_RETURNs for Bitcoin Cash Benjamin Scherrey, Jonathan Silverblood, BigBlockIfTrue Standards Final :green_square:
? Consensus Targeted Virtual Machine Limits Jason Dreyzehner Standards Draft :white_large_square:
? Consensus Bounded Looping Operations Jason Dreyzehner Standards Draft :white_large_square:
? Applications Minimum Fee Rate Voting Via Versionbits freetrader Standards Draft :white_large_square:
? Consensus Ranged Script Numbers Jason Dreyzehner Standards Withdrawn :purple_square:
? Peer Services UTXO Fastsync Josh Green Standards Draft :white_large_square:
? Peer Services ZCEs: Zero-Confirmation Escrows Jason Dreyzehner, Marty Alcala Standards Draft :white_large_square:
? Peer Services Implement BIP155 - Add “sendaddrv2” and “addrv2” p2p messages Wladimir J. van der Laan, Calin Culianu, Axel Genbe Standards Draft :white_large_square:
? Consensus CashTokens: Token Primitives for Bitcoin Cash Jason Dreyzehner Standards Draft :white_large_square:

*Links in this column redirect to original repository as informed by the author/s.
**Links in this column redirect to discussions in this forum.

This list uses one of the several proposals for CHIPs structure and classification. The discussion is currently ongoing. In no way it represents a final decision or imposed measure. When the community reaches an agreement, the classification of this list can be easily altered.
The classification in use here follows BIP 0002 and BIP 0123 proposition.

3 Likes

You missed this one: Multiple OP_RETURNS - This time for real! - #12 by proteusguy

Added. Thanks for the heads-up.

If we ever adapt BIP123 into a “CHIP123”, it would probably be good to insert a “Relay Policy” layer between “Consensus” and “Peer Services”. It would contain things that can’t split the chain (unlike “Consensus”) but can cause consistency/security issues for 0-conf (unlike what one might expect for “Peer Services”). But for now “Peer Services” is the best fitting category to put these CHIPs in.

1 Like

If you draft/propose such a CHIP for Relay Policy Layer I will support it :grinning:.

I have updated the multiple OP_RETURN CHIP to “Proposed” status.

Thanks for maintaining a list!

The PMv3 proposal is now a CHIP here. I don’t think I’m able to edit the title of this thread, but could an admin change it to follow the format of other threads about CHIPs? Maybe CHIP-2021-01-PMv3: Version 3 Transaction Format + the CHIPs tag.

Thanks for the information.
Both, CHIPs list and tittle of the correspondent post, updated.

1 Like

I just created a thread for a new CHIP here:

Targeted Virtual Machine Limits CHIP added to the list.

1 Like

I am very impressed with the content I see here.

Shouldn’t the CHIP for Multiple OP_RETURNs and Unconfirmed Transaction Chain Limit be something like implemented or being implemented? It will be a few hours left before the May 2021 Upgrade goes live and said CHIPs are activated.

Let’s wait for those CHIPs owner’s confirmation.
@joshmg @proteusguy

List and related posts updated with @joshmg and @proteusguy confirmations.

New CHIP :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

New CHIP

@Leandrodimarco should we rename the thread linked for CHIP: Bigger Script Integers too? I think it should be CHIP 2021-03 Bigger Script Integers.

(This one:)

2 Likes

I can change that if @Jonathan_Silverblood is also ok with it. I wrote that before there was a CHIP.

1 Like

I’m OK with it.

[posts must be at least 20 characters, so adding filler text here]

2 Likes