CHIP 2023-07 Network Upgrades only on Saturdays

May stop interacting directly with you on this thread as nothing productive is coming of it, but will respond one last time to clear some things up (since you appear to be taking them as direct attacks and accusations, which I have not once made).

Never, anywhere, did I compare myself to Steve Jobs, or y’all to the “engineers.” I’d love for you to point that specific place out to me. Also, “how dare [I]”? lol - are you some higher power that gets to determine who and what people do?
Actually, I was very clear that it is the “spirit” of the proposal and arguments. How that was unclear to you, I’m unsure. If you would like to provide alternative verbiage for me to have used, by all means.

Actually, this is EXACTLY what we are doing. This idea came from people sharing their wishes that the upgrade day came on a weekend when they weren’t working or otherwise. I think you may be forgetting, not reading, or intentionally being incredibly inflammatory attempting to get some sort of response (congrats! I’m responding <3)

Sharing an ideology is very different from putting people in shoes. You seem to be taking this very personally, though I have no idea why. You have claimed that we are trolling. An utterly ridiculous comment. The nature of your comments is more akin to a troll, imo. Reminds me very much of Barrio/BCHBeach. At least you don’t block me, though!

I was not referring directly to this CHIP and discussions in it for the referenced line <3. Just making a statement about overall process for BCH as we all are working towards the same goal, to further financial freedom for the world.
I’ll quote it for you:

As you well know, we have no power individually over the future of BCH. That’s part of the beauty of it. No power is switching hands. This is simply an idea that we believe there are convincing arguments for, and if people choose to implement them, they can.

I ask again, calmly, that you take a chill pill. No idea why you are so hostile. For the first time, I somewhat matched your energy in a few spots in the above, though only in writing; in reality I’m sitting here next to my usual work and writing in good spirits.

Long Live Financial Freedom, Long Live Bitcoin Cash :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I agree, we should definitely not interact in a thread called “CHIP 2023-07 Network Upgrades only on Saturdays”, because this thread should not even exist.

How about next time when you make a thread, make one that has any sense and some justification/evidence that it is necessary?

Again I don’t need to engage with any other your points, because my singular argument thoroughly destroys anything you say and anything you could have said.

Just make a new thread with an idea that has merit and stop this nonsense.

You know, this is a good question. I was wondering why I got aggressive suddenly.

Oh, wait, I know! I have an instinct that auto-locks on target and tells me to attack it automatically whenever somebody tries to attack and damage Bitcoin Cash!

No, wait - but this cannot not be the case because you guys are “friends”. Right? Right?

Well I guess always take anything that can damage or destroy BCH personally.

PS.

Excuse me, but isn’t this an ad-hominem by proxy?:

OK, this is definitely ad-hominem now. Not nice. :no_entry:

FYI, I did not even try to insult you, I just attacked your argument and your proposal, which are beyond stupid.

Comment reported. :x:

lol, “reported”!

And no, you accused us, multiple times, of attempting to attack and damage BCH. All in the thread history, so…

I did not accuse you.

I stated a fact.

Moving upgrades to Saturday is damaging BCH.

Is there anything else even more stupid you would like to add, maybe? (notice, still not ad hominem and still not calling you names, unlike yourself).

Also you basically insult every BCH developer by trying to unilaterally decide for them when they should work / and when they should rest.

Truly shameless behaviour.

That’s pretty ad-hominem! I suggest rereading your posts

That’s not ad-hominem according to the definition… This is just repeating your own words.

You compared yourself to Jobs by stating that you believe in the same idea Jobs does… It’s only logical.

As we have been abundantly clear, and as you well know, we cannot decide for anyone :slight_smile:
Also, based on your “arguments” and the very valid points others pointed out, perhaps even a scheduled weekday would be a better alternative. But, by all means, choose to ignore all that.

Definition, for your reference: “(of an argument or reaction) directed against a person rather than the position they are maintaining”

So… saying we are “try[ing] to attack and damage” that’s exactly that!

I cannot ignore it because the thread is still named “Upgrades on Saturdays” and it is still ongoing.

Also you are acting pretty arrogantly which makes me think there is something more to it.

Like keeping the discussion alive to make it look that it is a “process” that will be “finalized” one day.

So maybe change the thread name?

As we have also stated, this will be updated or closed once our revised proposal is done, if we choose to move forward with it.

We have received LOTS of great points and feedback from a good range of individuals here. All is being taken into account. This is one of the many things we love about this community, we can get feedback and stay civil. Only your comments have been harsh. And to each his own, but attacking us is unnecessary and counterproductive.

1 Like

Illogical and incoherent.

Saying you are “attacking and damaging” is not describing you as a person, but your actions you execute as a person.

It’s not a direct ad-hominem.

Aaaaand again here we go. You know exactly what you were doing and saying. You stated “somebody,” painting us in blood. No need for that.

Wait, so now you know better than me what I think and what I say?

Are you saying you are smarter than me?

Sounds arrogant.

I stated a truth. You do know exactly what you were/are doing and saying! Frankly, I’d be very concerned if you didn’t.

So how about you close it now and stop this foolishness?

Because perhaps we will “update” it :slight_smile:

Either way, you are not the harbinger of what others do or don’t do on this forum (maybe it’s shadow, though, haha)

You know, we can be civil from here on out, would be lovely to have charming conversations. Maybe we can be the best of friends :slight_smile:
(see, we can still be lighthearted!)