Is it possible to get this functionality on BCH?

Hi, this is my first post. I have general knowledge of BCH and crypto and exploring ideas to utilize them.
I’m looking for a way to get this functionality:

1. Alice either tells Bob which set of addresses are hers or hands out a token.
  2. Bob passes the addresses/tokens with a conditional address of his own to Charlie.
  3. Any tx Charlie sends to Alice based on the information in (2) will have an automatic affect of two tx’s of a predefined amount, or a ratio of the tx value to Alice: one to Bob and another one to Charlie.

In simple words: it’s a logic of a promise for future tx’s in case someone gets paid.

Maybe it was done before, maybe it’s super simple, or maybe it’s impossible to do. Please educate me on what can be done on BCH.

JohnMoe

What you seem to be looking for is:

1. a simple way to send a percentage of funds from customer to middle-man while at the same time pay the one delivering the servie.
  2. some way to avoid payment directly from customer to merchant.

The first part is definitely supported, we tend to use something like a payment protocol that is initiated by the middle-man where he defines the amount and the destinations.

The second part is more tricky because Bitcoin Cash is permissionless: you can’t stop two people that communicate with each other to send payments directly and bypass the middle-man.

Hi Tom!
What I’m talking about is a scheme more similar to (1). My way to avoid circumventing it as in (2) is to incentivize the payer by also automatically getting a cut when he makes the payment to the payee (so a kind of a “referral program” ).

So let’s try to formulate the logic of it:

Service provider: S
Middleman: M
Buyer: B

S offers his service in a way which rewards M and B, when B pays S.
M would have to provide B data (a token, or a secret) which would reward automatically M and B when the payment is made. E.g. it’s predefined M will get 1.5% and B 1%.

There doesn’t have to be necessarily direct interaction between S and M (e.g. a traded token), it could be a sort of a system with predefined rules, so this can be viewed as a specific case of built-in accounting, but generally it could be part of functionality for direct market incentives (the different legal parties work p2p without trusting a 3rd party).

Yes, this sounds quite familiar in its setup and you will probably want to look at BIP70.

Your Seller will have given one or more addresses to M and the Buyer ends up paying in one transaction to both parties in an amount predefined by M.

Your S eller will have given one or more addresses to M and the B uyer ends up paying in one transaction to both parties in an amount predefined by M .

There’s a difference from what you’re describing: S gets paid any amount he requests from B, but the percentages are predefined by S.

BIP70 doesn’t sound that close. My guess is what I’m looking for requires operations/encryption functions which aren’t part of BCH.

Could you explain how that would work?

The simplest way I can explain it: a smart coupon handed out / sold which incentivizes platform owners to refer potential clients to the seller. Paying for the product would automatically result in the referrer (platform) and referred (customer) getting a cut the incentives are inherent to its functionality (trustless) which make it self-advertising in nature.