Bitcoin Cash Research promotes and operates under a standard of transparency towards the ecosystem. This report works in the direction of that principle. It details relevant aspects of the operation and welcomes any feedback that helps to fulfill the proposed vision.
- General maintenance and database backups by @emi_dm.
- Update to Discourse 2.8.0.beta4 for both development and production environment by @emi_dm.
- Ongoing discussions and research around the idea of offering a certain level of decentralization to this forum by @emi_dm and @Leandrodimarco. Analysis and tests continue, and to date, we are following two lines of thought: the creation of a new plugin or the reuse/fork of a Discourse official plugin upon which we can modify and build the specific solution. The conclusion will depend on the subsequent tests. Once the possible implementation analysis is done, it will be presented in this forum for feedback and consideration.
- A small error was identified in the donation account balance reports for the months of July, June and May 2021. This was due to human error when making the reports and considering the cut-off date, always at the end of the month. The corresponding monthly reports will be corrected immediately, and their edition registered in the logs of the forum for users’ consultation. The differences, which have no impact in any other financial reports but monthly account balance, are as follows:
Account: bitcoincash:pzjue7kdusgh706ns3sh0yu3dw9jv5h5ly2u0zqxh5 Month Reported Corrected Difference July 4.02036842 3.97708581 0.04328261 June 3.97708581 3.93380320 0.04328261 May 3.26485638 3.25985092 0.00500546
Proposed actions under analysis and consideration.
- Increase the number of moderators under an expected userbase expansion.
- Progress in the platform’s decentralization and build the necessary resources to make the platform even more capture resistant.
- Define a policy for the release of periodic backups while protecting users’ private information.
- Define a policy for access to the server.
Bitcoin Cash Research maintains its accounts using plain text accounting and hledger software via a ledger file (in attach at the end of this section), which will henceforth be included in a public repository as soon as possible.
Based on this public ledger, Bitcoin Cash Research is able to account for all its financial movements and produce suitable reports using auditable open-source software.
By 2021-08-31, our accounts and their respective funds are as follows.
Our expenses for this period are described by the following.
Based on our operational expenses, income and liabilities derived Balance Change, Income Statement and Balance Sheet are as follows.
Resulting in a Net of 1.03598145 BCH at 2021-08-31.
For reference, here is the 2021 ledger file: 2021BCHResearch.ledger (9.9 KB)
Checksum: SHA256: FA3E6249F8872EEC535E5C7B3E3301E23F83DF9E0BFF66D42E576939C5CAD1FD
Thanks a lot to the owners of the following addresses for their kind donations:
Project funds are held by team members in a 2-of-3 multisig Electron Cash wallet:
This wallet intends to receive donations and cover operational expenses.
Total man hours for this period: 16 (all donated time).
–Thanks to all contributors who believe that small details can create significant changes and trigger positive network effects.