Bitcoin Cash Research promotes and operates under a standard of transparency towards the ecosystem. This report works in the direction of that principle. It details relevant aspects of the operation and welcomes any feedback that helps to fulfill the proposed vision.
I. Activity Highlights
- General maintenance and database backups by @emi_dm.
- Upgrade to Discourse 2.7.0.beta2 by @emi_dm.
- Update of several plugins by @emi_dm.
- Launch of discussions and research to find a solution to the idea of offering a certain level of decentralization to this forum and making it resistant to capture. The research was started with some questions at the main Discourse forum, obtaining interesting feedbacks. At the moment we are analyzing procedures to reach an adequate solution. The conclusions obtained will be posted shortly with the intention to obtain feedback. Initiative undertaken by @emergent_reasons, @emi_dm and @Leandrodimarco.
II. Activity Lowlights
- After the update to Discourse 2.7.0.beta2 we noticed a glitch affecting the System profile (autogenerated) configuration. Although minor, the problem was reported via the Discourse forum by @Leandrodimarco. Soon after Discourse team published a fix that was implemented at Bitcoin Cash Research by @emi_dm.
III. Next Steps
Proposed actions under analysis and consideration.
- Increase the number of moderators under an expected userbase expansion.
- Progress in the platform’s decentralization and build the necessary resources to make the platform even more capture resistant.
- Define a policy for the release of periodic backups while protecting users’ private information.
- Define a policy for access to the server.
Bitcoin Cash Research maintains its accounts using plain text accounting and hledger software via a ledger file (in attach at the end of this section), which will henceforth be included in a public repository as soon as possible.
Based on this public ledger, Bitcoin Cash Research is able to account for all its financial movements and produce suitable reports using auditable open-source software.
We have closed the 2020 ledger by adding a Closing/Opening Balance operation on 2020-12-31.
For future reference, here is the operation:
The corresponding amounts correlate with the opening of the 2021 ledger.
Here, also for future reference, 2020 ledger file: 2020BCHResearch.ledger (11.6 KB)
Moving to the current year, by 2021-01-31, our accounts and their respective funds are as follows.
Our expenses for this period are described by the following.
Based on our operational expenses, income and liabilities derived Balance Change, Income Statement and Balance Sheet are as follows.
*Note that the income statement does not reflect the opening balance carried over from 2020.
Resulting in a Net of -2.36204195 BCH at 2021-01-31
For reference here is the 2021 ledger file: 2021BCHResearch.ledger (640 Bytes)
Checksum: SHA256: 687E431D9789E414A642E8E86F8EB28E38A444E64871A3F56C5E8EE8DBB60937
Project funds are held by team members in a 2-of-3 multisig Electron Cash wallet:
This wallet intends to receive donations and cover operational expenses.
Total man hours for this period: 25 (all donated time).
–Thanks to all contributors who believe that small details can create significant changes and trigger positive network effects.