Bitcoin Cash Research promotes and operates under a standard of transparency towards the ecosystem. This report works in the direction of that principle. It details relevant aspects of the operation and welcomes any feedback that helps to fulfill the proposed vision.
- General maintenance and database backups by @emi_dm.
- Ongoing discussions and research around the idea of offering a certain level of decentralization to this forum by @emi_dm and @Leandrodimarco. Analysis and tests continue, and to date, we are following two lines of thought: the creation of a new plugin or the reuse/fork of a Discourse official plugin upon which we can modify and build the specific solution. The conclusion will depend on the subsequent tests. Once the possible implementation analysis is done, it will be presented in this forum for feedback and consideration.
- Renewal of email service by @Leandrodimarco.
- Renewal of research.cash domain by @Leandrodimarco following @fast_badger initiative and donation.
Nothing to report
Proposed actions under analysis and consideration.
- Increase the number of moderators under an expected userbase expansion.
- Progress in the platform’s decentralization and build the necessary resources to make the platform even more capture resistant.
- Define a policy for the release of periodic backups while protecting users’ private information.
- Define a policy for access to the server.
Bitcoin Cash Research maintains its accounts using plain text accounting and hledger software via a ledger file (in attach at the end of this section), which will henceforth be included in a public repository as soon as possible.
Based on this public ledger, Bitcoin Cash Research is able to account for all its financial movements and produce suitable reports using auditable open-source software.
By 2021-07-31, our accounts and their respective funds are as follows.
Our expenses for this period are described by the following.
Based on our operational expenses, income and liabilities derived Balance Change, Income Statement and Balance Sheet are as follows.
Resulting in a Net of 0.67338015 BCH at 2021-07-31.
For reference, here is the 2021 ledger file: 2021BCHResearch.ledger (8.6 KB)
Checksum: SHA256: ECC3F8B066253F3D2DC51A6287745C5601B826F48EF9DD1AFE24BBEE9F15F5CC
Thanks a lot to the owners of the following addresses for their kind donations:
Project funds are held by team members in a 2-of-3 multisig Electron Cash wallet:
This wallet intends to receive donations and cover operational expenses.
Total man hours for this period: 20 (all donated time).
–Thanks to all contributors who believe that small details can create significant changes and trigger positive network effects.