Bitcoin Cash Research promotes and operates under a standard of transparency towards the ecosystem. This report works in the direction of that principle. It details relevant aspects of the operation and welcomes any feedback that helps to fulfill the proposed vision.
I. Activity Highlights
- Registered required domains.
- Hired a service for the administration of domains.
- Designed graphic material.
- Created required email accounts.
- Hired two droplets at a hosting provider, one to be used as a development environment and another as a production environment.
- Installed Discourse product in the development environment following Discourse standards and best practices.
- Proceed with initial configuration to bring the platform online in development mode.
- Installed and configured a series of plugins to improve user experience in development mode.
- Created basic administration and moderation accounts/profiles in development mode.
- Tested the development environment in full to ensure the correct operation of the platform.
- Installed and performed all last five tasks again in production mode.
- Submitted help material to assist user experience.
- Implemented initial backup policy in both environments.
- Monitored platform on daily basis to ensure 24/7 availability.
- Configured multisig wallet (2-of-3) for Bitcoin Cash Research operations.
II. Activity Lowlights
Nothing to report.
III. Next steps
Proposed actions under analysis and consideration.
- Increase the number of moderators under an expected userbase expansion.
- Progress in the platform’s decentralization and build the necessary resources to make the platform even more capture resistant.
- Define a policy for the release of periodic backups while protecting users’ private information.
- Define a policy for access to the server.
- More plugins.
- Dark mode.
- CashID protocol implementation.
Bitcoin Cash Research maintains its accounts using plain text accounting and hledger software via a ledger file (in attach at the end of this section), which will henceforth be included in a public repository as soon as possible.
Based on this public ledger, Bitcoin Cash Research is able to account for all its financial movements and produce suitable reports using auditable open-source software.
To date, our accounts and their respective funds are as follows.
Our expenses for this period are described by the following, considering that some of them are represented with minimum symbolic prices as they were part of donated time by collaborators.
Based on our operational expenses, income and liabilities derived Balance Sheet and Income Statement are as follows.
Resulting in a Net of -2.60565378 BCH at 2020-05-31.
Ledger file: 2020BCHResearch.ledger (2.0 KB)
Checksum SHA256: 19136F1C6B4B21B5BCE6713DB31B1B4A14B78A786F3159082503E15D402448E3
Project funds are held by team members in a 2-of-3 multisig Electron Cash wallet:
This wallet intends to receive donations and cover operational expenses.
Total man hours for this period (April and May): 50.
–Thanks to all contributors who believe that small details can create significant changes and trigger positive network effects.