[PoC] Bitcoin Cash Orb

I have been playing around with mainnet.cash and CashScript and wanted to share a Proof-of-Concept webapp on chipnet that replicates an interesting idea I saw on Ethereum:
https://github.com/jonas-lundqvist/orb/

The gist of it is that there exists a Orb in the form of a UTXO that grants the holder 1 question/day to the Oracle (the Oracle in this instance is yours truly) and the Oracle will answer it. The novel thing about the contract is the implementation of a Harberger Tax where the Orb is always for sale. When someone buys the Orb he/she must specify a price for which someone else can buy it and pay a tax to keep the ownership. If a high price is specified it costs more to hold the Orb and vice versa. If the Orb is running “out of juice”, i.e. taxes haven’t been payed for further use of the Orb, anyone can refill it or the Oracle can reset it.

The webapp connects directly to Electrum servers and there is no other backend. Everything is stored on-chain and can be used by just opening the HTML file locally.

3 Likes

Very very cool.

Eric is already deep in the denial / copium about being on the wrong side of the Blocksize War and has already made some public admissions to the effect of basically realizing he was wrong.

Gonna get harder and harder for him to not just straight out admit that BCH is where the action is when even his own ETH projects are being replicated on BCH, but cannot be on BTC.

Super cool idea & execution. I’ll have to play around with this on the weekend.

1 Like

The Orb seems to currently be broken btw :grin:
It worked quite well on regtest but something weird has happened and I’ll see if I can salvage it.

3 Likes

Thanks to @bitcoincashautist and @2qx a vulnerability has been discovered. I’ll see if I get around fixing it in near time.

3 Likes

Bugs fixed and a new Orb has been redeployed!

1 Like