Is anyone still interested in an all-encompassing solution to third-party transaction malleability for Bitcoin Cash?
Some background reading:
- [Bitcoin-ml] Malleability - Show of hands
- [Bitcoin-ml] Malleability Fix SIGHASH_ANYOUTPUT
- MalFix Spec and MalFix FAQ
- MalFix discussion on r/btc, 2017-9-12
- SIGHASH_NOINPUT discussion on r/btc, 2018-2-24
- BIP62 & Schnorr by @markblundeberg
- BCH floating transactions: SIGHASH_NOINPUT emulation using CHECKDATASIG covenants by @markblundeberg
As I understand it, the primary expected benefit of some large-scale “malleability fix” would be:
To enable applications that rely on off-chain unconfirmed transaction chaining.
So: is malleability solved?
BCH has already rolled out a number of upgrades addressing malleability in various places. Are we done? Are there any other “use-case breaking” sources of malleability we should fix?