Bitcoin Cash Research promotes and operates under a standard of transparency towards the ecosystem. This report works in the direction of that principle. It details relevant aspects of the operation and welcomes any feedback that helps to fulfill the proposed vision.
I. Activity Highlights
- General maintenance and database backups by @emi_dm.
- Configuration of Dark Mode by @Leandrodimarco.
- Progress in the project to integrate CashID to the forum by @Jimtendo.
- Start of conversations with @fast_badger for the donation of research.cash domain to the forum, taking place probably by early August.
II. Activity Lowlights
- Conflicts related to Voting plugin with Likes action found by @Leandrodimarco: Topics with voting activated cannot be “liked” by users. The voting plugin has been deactivated for all categories. If no solution is found, further action could be the creation of a “Voting” category (with the voting plugin activated) for attending such a requirement within the forum.
III. Next Steps
Proposed actions under analysis and consideration.
- Increase the number of moderators under an expected userbase expansion.
- Progress in the platform’s decentralization and build the necessary resources to make the platform even more capture resistant.
- Define a policy for the release of periodic backups while protecting users’ private information.
- Define a policy for access to the server.
Bitcoin Cash Research maintains its accounts using plain text accounting and hledger software via a ledger file (in attach at the end of this section), which will henceforth be included in a public repository as soon as possible.
Based on this public ledger, Bitcoin Cash Research is able to account for all its financial movements and produce suitable reports using auditable open-source software.
By 2020-07-31, our accounts and their respective funds are as follows.
Our expenses for this period are described by the following, considering that some of them are represented with minimum symbolic prices as they were part of donated time by collaborators.
Based on our operational expenses, income and liabilities derived Balance Sheet and Income Statement are as follows.
Resulting in a Net of -2.38255031 BCH at 2020-07-31
Ledger file: 2020BCHResearch.ledger (7.9 KB)
Checksum: SHA256: C09E6967F498315C91C157A052F056C80129B25EA4678E48751B3C36B3A763D7
Project funds are held by team members in a 2-of-3 multisig Electron Cash wallet:
This wallet intends to receive donations and cover operational expenses.
Total man hours for this period: 27 (all donated time).
–Thanks to all contributors who believe that small details can create significant changes and trigger positive network effects.